Creating a house in Archicad?
Model the structure with ease and efficiency using ArchiFrame Start. AF Start is a free ArchiFrame BIM toolkit developed for architects and building designers.
Why use AF Start?
- Bridge the gap between design and production
- Free up your time and creativity
- Use tried-and-tested ArchiFrame workflows.
How to download and install AF Start
What is AF Start and how do I use it?
AF Start is essentially a toolkit. It is totally free and includes the following useful features to help you model a house efficiently:
- Fascia tool that builds on Archicad’s profile beam tool. ArchiFrame learns
the process and applies your fascia boards to any roof at the push of a button.
- ArchiCorners helps you add cover boards to your corners with precision quickly.
- Add and edit planks.
- Convert to planks: convert selected Archicad walls, beams or columns into ArchiFrame planks.
- Cut and join planks in a variety of ways.
- Combine planks and easily edit plank joins and endings.
- Join target planks to operators, or trim the planks to size e.g. to fit a roof.
- Make balk joints, with either the balk intact or narrowed.
- Cut grooves into specific elements.
How can I learn more about AF Start?
We have created this handy YouTube series that goes into more detail about how each individual tool included in AF Start works:
You will also benefit from watching the Getting Started series here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGkhQXkB177oy8tEvIjh84AjXBvjJJ2J7.
Got a question? You can email us at email@example.com.