Meet ArchiFrame: Design Better in Wood & Steel
ArchiFrame extends ARCHICAD’s rich features to wooden structure design.
ArchiFrame is an add-on that makes ArchiCAD into a complete design tool for wooden structures.
ArchiFrame provides tools for designing walls, frames, column/beam structures, intermediate floors, and roof structures. ArchiFrame tools make it possible to infinitely reshape wooden planks and beams to get the desired result. You can duplicate, rotate, and output wooden elements to manufacture quickly and easily. The ArchiFrame workflow takes you from the architect’s computer straight to the production line.
The Complete Wood Structuring Tool
The best of both worlds: ArchiFrame can work off an architectural model (removing the need for expensive remodeling); or the program can help you create a wood structure from scratch.
As well as new builds, ArchiFrame is suitable for renovation, refurbishment and retrofit building projects.
ARCHICAD has plenty of powerful tools like TeamWork™, multiple import and export options, and the ability to overlay MEP engineering over a structural model for collision checking.
- Draft wood structures in one click and get design feedback instantly.
- Innovative features like automated and editable elevation saves on project costs.
- Everything you need is inside a single ArchiCAD file – including 3D models and 2D elevations with semi-automated layouts and listings.
- Individual planks can be hand-manufactured using ArchiFrame dimension drawings and cut lists, or produced with CNC.
- Embrace the freedom to edit each individual piece. Print and change your graphics, layouts and blueprints whenever you need to.
Wooden wall framing & structures
- Automatically drawn dimension lines
- Automatically generated cut lists
- Editable in elevation, floor plan and 3D
- Projections available from front, top, back and below
- Exterior paneling: weatherboards, exterior cladding & split paneling
Light-gauge steel framing
ArchiFrame supports also Light-gauge steel framing. See Healthy Buildings USA's Facebook page or a Youtube video or another video.
Multiple structural layers
- Real world layers and rotations
- Automatic connections at corners
- Adjustable rules for studs and planks at corners
- Re-angle and organise wood beams and planks
- Drawing planes to guide tilted pieces
- Support for timber frame joint types (e.g. dovetail or tenon & mortise) and simpler angled cuts etc.
- Create support trusses
- Adjust rafters to the valley rafter and place valley & hip rafters easily
Wooden flooring & floor structures
- Floor beams automatically matched to the construction grid
- Full control on every single beam
- Steel beam cuts made using the ArchiFrame groove tool
- Make wooden flooring as easy as walls
- I-beams with plywood reinforcements (used in this example)
Output the BIM to:
- Dimension drawings for manual manufacturing
- Cut lists (xls or txt)
- CNC Hundegger bvn, btl and wup for Weinmann
- With ArchiFrame, you don’t have to do error prone re-modelling from
the architect’s plans. It will save your time and money.
Having everything in the same model makes collision checking easy.
- Modeling freedom: Every plank is individual and fully editable,
giving you infnite ﬂexibility and building scope.
You can modify your design in any view – including element elevations.
- Take advantage of all the ﬂagship ARCHICAD features you know and
love: e.g. TeamWork™, in both Windows and Mac. ARCHICAD users
won’t need to re-learn the base program in order to use ArchiFrame
– start creating immediately.
- CNC support for BVN (Hundegger), BTL, WUP (Weinmann) and Swedish Randek.
The listing supports XLS, CSV ja TXT. ARCHICAD supports several common file formats: DWG, DXF, DGN, IFC, PDF, BCF, 3DS, DAE etc.
- Highly customizable via XML settings and scripts.
- ArchiFrame has already spread to over 15 countries. ArchiFrame is known for its ease of use, powered by the advanced tools of ARCHICAD.
- Watch our demonstration videos at www.youtube.com/archiframe
- Download or set up a demo or hop on a Skype call with our team
- Agree on a trial license if needed (compatible with ARCHICAD versions 19-22 Windows & Mac)
- ArchiFrame’s purchase price and terms are similar to the full ARCHICAD subscriptions in local markets.